A Vision for LMS
My vision for LMS is to support all educators. Our task is to provide a safe learning environment where all students and staff members “learn” and grow each day.
- That the best interests of all children must drive all decisions in the school.
- That we are in the most exciting and challenging business in the world.
- That we are here together at this moment in time at LMS for a purpose.
- That we are privileged to be employed by DoDEA, one of the most unique and outstanding school systems in the world.
- That each day is a gift.
- That we cannot waste a single minute.
- That we already have what we need inside.
- That rigor and passion are essential for maximizing learning.
- That we need to play and have fun every day.
- That we must take care of ourselves and each other.
- That we are all professionals.
- That we give our best each day.
- That we learn more at school than the curriculum.
- That the arts contribute to our humanity.
- That we need to celebrate excellence.
- That we need to take time to slow down.
- That our “school” extends beyond the walls of the building.
- That we never realize the effects of our action on the “ripples” in the pool of life.
- That trust, communication, critical thinking, and patience are four major building blocks in our structure.
- That caring is as important as curriculum.
- That humor can help us through the rough times.
- That material coverage and student accomplishment are very different concepts.
- That happiness is critical for top performance.
- That each of us is the most critical link in the chain.
- That how we say things is more important that what we say.
- That our task is to teach students to become independent thinkers and responsible citizens in a global society.
- That our leaders are committed to supporting us.
- That we are the products of our choices.
- That change is natural.
- That positive intent is sometimes misinterpreted.
- That some things take time.
- That we can always get better
- That we choose our attitude and it is who we are.
- That we often underestimate the power of our influence.
- That we touch the present and the future.